RInfra - Our Business - Left Menu
Rinfra - Our Businesses - EPC
The engineers of change!
Solutions for Energy
The energy sector is witnessing surging demands owing to the rapid development of our country. However, effective implementation remains the single largest obstacle in the power sector. Our E&C division augments our power sector capabilities with end to end implementation of power generation projects on a turnkey basis. This lays one of the main pillars of elevating our nation to greater heights and conformity in the world of tomorrow.
E&C Division-Engineering the Future
Our E&C division offers a single point solution to the execution of power projects from 'Concept to Commissioning' including project development, project engineering, construction & commissioning for its clients. Know More
Strength of Execution
We have a proven track record of execution and commissioning of projects within budgeted cost and timeframe. RInfra with its affiliates and sister companies in the Reliance group, own and operate over 6500 MW of generation capacity in the country; a significant contributing factor to our nation's present and imminent prosperous future. These comprise conventional thermal plants, gas turbine based combined cycle power plants, cogeneration plants and renewable options such as Solar ( PV & Thermal) and Wind Energy sectors. Most of the projects at RInfra have been executed through our E&C division.
The projects have been implemented in accordance to the highest quality standards and successfully meet all the stringent measures. The division has been recertified for ISO 9001:2000 by BVQI and also for Integrated Management System (IMS) covering Environmental Management System (ISO 14001) and Occupational Health and Safety Management (OHSAS 18001).
The abilities of our workforce form the core of our implementation capabilities. Our division employs talented pool of more than 1000 professionals.. The training interventions for the growth of our people is a major focus area of the division.
Range of projects
The E&C division has till date implemented Power projects from 'Concept to Commissioning' including project development, project engineering, construction & commissioning for its clients for the following range of Projects :
- Coal Based Thermal Power Projects,
- Gas Based Combined Cycle Power Projects,
- Solar Photo-voltaic & Solar Thermal
- Hydro-electric Power Projects,
- Co-generation plants.
- Rural Electrification Works.
- 765/400/220/132 KV Switchyards & 400/220/132 KV transmission lines
- 400/132 KV transmission lines and switch yards.
- Overhead and underground electrical networks.
- Industrial electrification works for petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel, cement plants, refineries, ports and hotels.
Click here and explore the various projects being undertaken by our E&C division:
E&C division has undertaken and successfully commissioned the following major projects:
- 6 X 660 MW Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project. Know More
- 2 X 300 MW Coal Based Power Project at Butibori, Maharashtra Know More
- 2 X 600 MW Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Project, Hissar. Know More
- 2 x 300 MW Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram Thermal Power Station, Yamuna Nagar. Know More
- 2 X 250 MW Paricha TPP-II (Unit 5 & 6) Balance of Plant (BOP) Package. Know More
- 40MW Solar PV Power Project at Dhursar Rajasthan.Know More
- 100MW CSP Solar Thermal Power Project based on CLFR Technology at Dhursar, Rajasthan.
- UPRE Rural Electrification Works.Know More
- 2 x 250 MW Coal based Thermal Power Station at Dahanu, Maharashtra
- 220 MW Dual Fuel based (Natural gas & Liquid Fuel) Combined Cycle Power Plant at Samalkot, Andhra Pradesh. The Power Plant is already operational and supplying power to the State Grid of Andhra Pradesh.
- 165 MW liquid-fuel based combined cycle power project for its subsidiary, RInfra Limited-Kochi Power Station at Kochi in Kerala with an aero-derivative unit of 40 MW along GE's LM6000 module, completed on 15 June 2001.
- 106 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant of Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd. at Dhuvaran, Gujarat
- 24 MW Bagassed based Co-generation Power Plant for Godavari Sugar Mills Limited at Sameerwadi, Karnataka.
- 20 MW Diesel based D.G.Sets for Surya Chakra Power Ltd. at Islands of Andaman and Nicobar.
- 12.5 MW Lignite Based Power Project for Grasim Industries Limited at Ariyalur, Tamil Nadu
- 10.5 MW (5 x 2 MW + 1 x 0.5 MW) Diesel based captive power project for IT-Park for TIDEL- Chennai.
- 7.5 MW Thermal Power Plant for Monnet Power Ltd. at Raipur, Madhya Pradesh.
- 3 x 2.5 M DG based Power Plant for National Institute of Biologicals, Noida.
- 5 MW Bagasse based Thermal Power Plant for Global Energy Ltd., Belgundi, Karnataka,
- 3 MW Captive Power Project for Alok Industries Limited at Vapi, Gujarat.
- 2.5 MW D.G. set based Captive Power Plant for ITC, Bangalore.
- 2x250 MW Tau Devilal Thermal Power Station for Haryana Power Generation Corporation Haryana- Balance of Plant, Civil and Structural works (Unit-8 of Tau Devilal Thermal Power Project of HPGCL has been awarded the " Best Thermal Power Project" of the Year 2004-05)
- Renovation and Modernization of Delhi Distribution System.
- Main Electrical System for 2 units of 220 MW at Kaiga & 2 units of 220 MW at RAPP, Kota for Nuclear Power Corporation, at Kaiga, Karnataka at Kota , Rajasthan.
The E&C group has also executed several projects in the Middle East. The list of overseas projects completed by the E&C group is given in the following table:
Project under execution and on the verge of Completion are,
- 2 X 600 MW Raghunathpur Thermal Power Station. Know More
- 2400MW Gas Based Combined Cycle Power Project, Samalkot Know More
- Sasan Mine (Moher and Moher-Amlori extension) Infrastructure development.
- Feasibility for upcoming projects with State-of-the-art Advanced Ultra supercritical Coal based Power Plant with unit rating upto 1000MW.
- Installation of FRP (Fiber-Reinforced Plastic) type cooling towers in Sasan & Samalkot Project.
- Use of Pre-stressed concrete Spun Piling System implemented first time in the Country resulting in saving of substantial cost.
- Implementation of Ground Improvement Technology in some structures as substitute for piled foundations resulting in saving of substantial cost.
- Terracing layout concept adopted in different Projects for cost optimization & faster execution
- Use of Fly Ash bricks to reduce carbon foot prints.
- Use of State of Art software like ETAP for Electrical Power System studies and Protection Relay coordination studies.
- Download EBrochure