RInfra - Business Responsibility Reporting - Left Menu
RInfra - Business Responsibility Reporting - Our Performance - Social Performance
Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Development
As a responsible corporate citizen, the Company pursues its social obligations with utmost earnestness. At RInfra, corporate responsibility is a collective effort. We strive to ensure that sustainability policies and programmes are firmly embedded in every aspect of our business operations. The Company integrates social and environmental concerns with its business and in our interaction with our stakeholders. We are committed to fostering sustainable communities through wide-range programs geared to develop economies, improve lives and create opportunity.
The Company has been pursuing a number of welfare programs aimed at improving the quality of the life of communities in and around our business.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives have been recognised and appreciated by various agencies through many awards and recognitions. RInfra continues to contribute actively towards community welfare measures and has taken up several initiatives/measures related to education, healthcare, environmental improvement and other developmental measures.
Various CSR and welfare measures undertaken by the Company are as under:
- Eye screening camps: Health checkup camps with a major focus on eye screening was organized at schools in the nearby villages.
- Awareness programme on Road Safety: This programme was conducted at different schools to create awareness on road safety.
- Pulse polio Immunization program: The pulse polio camps were organized at toll plazas on the highway stretch.
- Blood donation camps: The blood donation campaigns were organized twice in FY 2016-2017.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan
- Cleanliness Drive: Cleanliness drives were conducted across the key company offices and the neighboring localities with an objective to create a clean and healthy work place. Many employees across the organization participated in this mass movement and customers were sensitized on this movement through social media urging them to join the event.
- Awareness on Cleanliness and hygiene: The roads business toll plazas and project highway inculcated the concept of cleanliness and hygiene by putting Placards and Signage's in Public areas for not spitting, littering, placements of dustbins, maintenance of toilets and way side amenities / user facility to encourage commuters to use them and not to spoil the Highway or Toll Plaza area.
Support to Healthcare
Day Care Oncology Centres:
- Cancer is one of the biggest health concern in India and cancer treatment and care is prohibitively expensive. 92% patients from rural households do not have proper infrastructure and specialist support.
- Appreciating the huge imbalance in the facilities for treating cancer, we at Reliance Infrastructure with support from Mandke Foundation are establishing Cancer care center in Maharashtra. We have initiated the project at Akola and Jalna District, of Maharashtra to provide medical, radiation and surgical oncology to rural populace in a phase wise manner.
- These centers would focus on bridging the present gaps in cancer treatment facilities in rural India apart from bringing in state of the art technology and other resources on ground. The focus would be to provide day care services including chemotherapies, radiation, and diagnostics including PET CT besides consultations and telemedicine.