RInfra - Sustainability Report - Left Menu
Rinfra - Sustainability Report - Our Performance - Social Performance
As a responsible corporate citizen, the Company pursues its social obligations with utmost earnestness. At RInfra, corporate responsibility is a collective effort. We strive to ensure that sustainability policies and programmes are firmly embedded in every aspect of our business operations. The Company integrates social and environmental concerns with its business and in our interaction with our stakeholders. We are committed to fostering sustainable communities through wide-range programs geared to develop economies, improve lives and create opportunity.
The Company has been pursuing a number of welfare programs aimed at improving the quality of the life of communities in and around our business.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives have been recognised and appreciated through awards like CII national award for excellence in water management - beyond the fence, Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility 2007, etc.
RInfra continues to contribute actively towards community welfare measures and has taken up several initiatives/measures related to education, healthcare, environmental improvement and other developmental measures.
We give hereunder a brief of welfare measures undertaken by the Company in its distribution area and power stations, as under.
- Construction / repairs of schools & college buildings, play grounds and play parks for children.
- Supply of furniture, lighting arrangements, lab material, etc.
- Distribution of education material and computers to various schools, arrangements of sports meets, sport training camps and youth festivals.
- Distribution of schools uniforms to 35 Anganwadis .
- Best Teacher Award - Yearly felicitation of five Best Teachers of Dahanu Taluka.
- School stationery supply at concession rate jointly with NGOs.
- Scholarships for to Medical / Engineering courses.
- Launch of Mobile Medical Unit for 5 villages on pilot basis.
- Arrangements of medical / eye check up camps for villagers, contract labours, employees and their family members.
- Supply of nutritious food for children suffering from malnutrition.
- Blood donation camp and cervical cancer detection camp.
- Donation of mobile dispensary / ambulance, tri cycles to differently able persons, construction of community toilets.
- Dry fly ash bricks manufacturing training for tribal youth and permanent business to them.
- Priority to local community in employment through various job contracts.
- Construction of main roads and approach roads in Dahanu city & near by villages.
- Sea erosion bund.
- Multi purpose community hall.
- Central Street lighting of Main Road.
- Dahanu railway station beautification.
- Sea beach beautification and park development.
- Water check dams and bore wells.
- Construction of cricket ground and sport complex within the company premises.
- Sponsored Reliance Energy Cup for National Women Cricket Championship for National Team Selection, 2005.
- Arrangement of cricket coaching camps for under 16.
- Raining on karate, swimming, badminton and other sports.
- Research laboratory on local crops to assist farmers.
- Seminars and exhibitions for farming community.
- Mangrove plantation along all creeks.
- BEE painting competition on energy conservation.
- Awareness training on efficient utilization of electricity and safety, fire fighting.
- More than 3,500 students from different institutes, schools and more than 250 invitees visited DTPS so far in 2009-10.
Water Conservation Projects at Dahanu
At the Dahanu power station, water management cell monitors and controls water conservation projects. Water conservation is identified as an environmental aspect in the environmental management system.
Water conservation projects are carried out within the fence and also beyond the fence for the benefit of surrounding community.
A number of water conservation projects were completed in various areas like rainwater harvesting and reduction in consumption of demineralised water using drip irrigation for green belt development.
For the benefit of local community, repair of check dams, construction of new check dams and bore wells were carried out.
The practice of monitoring water consumption and efforts made toward water conservation were recognized by the Confederation of Indian Industry with awards for excellence in water management for with in the fence as well as beyond the fence.
The Company continues to pursue CSR initiatives in areas of healthcare, education and such other community welfare measures.