RInfra - Sustainability Report - Left Menu
Rinfra - Sustainability Report - Our Contribution
- Serves 2 out of 3 houses
- Largest private sector power distributor in India to serve 5800 MW power to over 6.4 Million consumers
- Generates 940 MW of electricity through power stations located in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka and Goa.
- Largest private player in the transmission sector in India to transmit more than 4000 MW of power in western region
- Amongst the largest EPC players in India having executed/ assisted several projects in the power and infrastructure sectors. It has established "Centre of Excellence" to enhance technical capabilities.
- With operational cement production capacity of 5.8MTPA, its Cement business spread across 6 states in India. Already amongst the top 3 cement brands in India in terms of pricing it aims to become the leading player in the sector
- With 11 projects in 7 states covering about 1000 km, its road business is amongst the top 3 NHAI concessionaires that serves high traffic growth corridors connecting rural with urban India
- First private player to commission a metro rail in the country; successfully executed Mumbai's first Metro with an investment of Rs US$ 0.7 Bn
- A turnover of over Rs 18,852 crore and market capitalization of over Rs 11,300 crore as on March 31, 2015.
- Plant emission parameters well below statutory limits at all power stations.
- Fuel Gas desulphurization at Dahanu Thermal Power Station with SOx absorption of more than 90% as stipulated.
- Reduction of heat rate, resulting in reduced consumption of coal, which resulted into reduced emissions.
- Installation of variable frequency drives, thereby controlling auxiliary power consumption well below levels prescribed by Central Electricity Authority.
- Adopted carbon sequestration approach by massive plantation of mangroves to protect creek banks from erosion and develop breeding grounds for marine life.
- Afforestation and plantation of trees in and around the power stations.
- The unique Young Energy Savers (YES) campaign about energy conservation bags Guinness World Record
- Actively participated in Earth Hour campaign, a worldwide energy conservation awareness movement
- In yet another measure for energy conservation, it offers discounts on energy efficient appliances to consumers
- It sponsors educational kits to poor students, provides financial support for their higher education.
- It organizes free medical and blood donation camps
- Under its 'Project Dignity' campaign it upgrades crematoria
- In several villages it constructed old age home and created self employment opportunities for women from downtrodden families through distribution of sewing machines.