Plant Performance :
Here's an insight into the year-on-year performance of the plant :
Note* Due to low load demand, MSLDC instructs generation backing down of power plants based on Merit Order Dispatch(MOD)ranking
DTPS has received Copyright for three innovative works from Copyright Office of Government of India, New Delhi.
- Reduction in Overhauling Time - Implementation of Work procedure has ensured considerable reduction in overhauling period to 15 days. Thereby saving of Generation revenue equivalent to at least 10 to 15 days.
- Energy Deviation Report - An effective tool for energy consumption monitoring and optimization. This helps operation personnel to utilize energy efficient equipments to cater economical generation
- Improvement of Coal Mill Performance by Auto Operation - Software developed by DTPS team by studying the correlation between air and coal flow .This logic has helped to avoid undue variation in load and other process parameters even during very heavy rain.
Major Milestones :
- Unit no. 1 was synchronised on 6th January 1995
- Unit No. 2 was synchronised on 29th March 1995
- The power station commercially commenced its operation in 1996
- FGD Unit I and II commissioned in October 2007
- World's First Power Plant to get ISO 50001 : 2011, certification for Energy Management
- ISO 9001 : 2008 - Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 : 2004 - Environment Management System
- BS OHSAS 18001 : 2007 - Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Studies
- SA 8000 : 2008 - Social Accountability Management System
- ISO 27001 : 2013 - Information Security Management System
- ISO / IEC 17025 : 2005 - Accreditation for DTPS coal testing laboratory by National Accreditation Board of Laboratory (NABL)
Special Features :
Many features distinguish the Dahanu plant as India's one of the finest power generation plants. These include :
- The CW Systems are equipped with concrete volute pumps to facilitate the smooth functioning of Sea water condenser cooling system.
- Complete automatic control & monitoring of the three cylinders reheat condensing turbine, boiler and auxiliaries by Digital Distributed Control, Monitoring and Information System (DDC-MIS) to maintain trouble free output.
- Highly advanced Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for complete centralized control over transmission and distribution.
In a bid to ensure minimization of plant's adverse environmental impact, the DTPS has installed :
- A chimney of 275.3 mtrs height for proper emission/ dispersion of boiler exhaust
- An Electronic Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) of 99.9% efficiency to collect fly ash with In-house developed Ammonia dosing system to improve collection efficiency.
- Four ambient air quality monitoring stations to measure hazardous gases such as PM10, PM2.5, SO2 and NOx
- Flue gas Desulphurization unit of 100% capacity having efficiency greater than 90%, for removal of Sulphur and its oxides.
- Advanced air pollution monitoring system
|1||Plant Capacity :||:||2 X 250 MW|
|2||Land for Plant||:||351.58 hectares|
|3||Land for Ash disposal area||:||370.00 hectares|
|4||Total Coal (Washed + Imported)||:||2.6 Million tons|
|5||Sea Water (Condenser Cooling)||:||84,000 (M3/Hr.)|
|6||Sweet Water||:||300 (M3/Hr)|
Energy Conservation :
DTPS has made remarkable achievements on parameters of average unit heat rate, Auxiliary power consumption (APC), Specific Oil Consumption & DM water consumption by consistently maintaining them lower than the national average for a generation unit of this size.
DTPS has proactively adopted following energy conservation measures...
- Replacement of old HP module with refurbished module which has improved efficiency
- Monitoring of Computer idling time and Optimization of computer operation by introducing software developed by DTPS engineers thereby saving of energy
- Installation of Variable Frequency Drive in Condensate Extraction Pumps, Coal Mill Seal Air Fans, PA Fan.
- Vapour Absorption Air Conditioning systems.
- Energy Efficient Lighting systems.
- Solar street lighting.
- Corrocoating of CW Pumps & ACW Pumps.
The Energy Management Cell at DTPS consists of qualified Energy Managers and Auditors, who continuously drive the energy conservation agenda with defined energy policy, procedures and work instructions. Internal and external energy audits of various systems carried out at regular interval.
Environment Safeguards :
The organization's social responsibility towards the environment is evident in the adaptation of clean technology and stringently following the environmental safety guards :
To prevent Air Pollution
- ESP of 99.9% efficiency for collection of fly ash from flue gases.
- Online monitoring of emission levels of SO2, NOx, and TPM in Flue gas.
- Four Ambient air quality monitoring Stations to measure PM10, PM2.5, SO2 and NOx.
- Along with one meteorological station for weather monitoring.
- Ban on use of plastic bags inside the plant and colony. Cloth bags are provided at the colony gate
- Appointment of stewards for building to maintain cleanliness of their buildings and surrounding area and cleaning schedule for housekeeping of colony and plant surrounding area is being followed rigorously.
- Renovation of Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) was undertaken this year.
- Environment management and awareness programmes taken for various school and college students. Around 670 students benefitted from this program
- In house production of organic fertilizer is used for cultivation of vegetable and fruits
- Plantation of varieties of flowers - 600 Nos with 6 varieties, Medicinal and Herbal garden having 45 species,
- Ash utilization is more than 100 percent and also preparing ash bricks to help local people by providing them bricks for their construction work
- Four ash ponds for disposal of ash slurry.
- Dry Fly Ash collection System for maximising ash utilization as per MOEF notifications.
- Arranged visits for local ash brick and tiles manufacturer plants and organized a seminar on Pond Ash utilization
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Entrepreneurship program - Tailoring classes ongoing for rural ladies in Dahanu Taluka. Earlier, automobile training given to local youth
- Educational kit distribution for school students
- Distribution of notebooks at concessional rates
- Best Teacher's Awards - Awarding 5 best teacher's in Dahanu Taluka every year during Teacher's day
- Under Rain water harvesting, the borewells are recharged through rain water
- Environment Monitoring Reports for Jan-June 2012
- Environment Monitoring Reports for July-Dec 2012
- Environment Monitoring Reports for Jan-June 2013
- Environment Monitoring Reports for July-Dec 2013
- Environment Monitoring Reports for Jan-June 2014
- Environment Monitoring Reports for July-Dec 2014
- Environment Monitoring Reports for Jan-June 2015
- Environment Monitoring Reports for July-Dec 2015
- Environment Monitoring Reports for Jan-June 2016
- Environment Monitoring Reports for July-Dec 2016
- Ash Stock February 2017