Our Business - Reliance Defence Limited
- Our vision is to be the leading Manufacturer and Supplier of "State of Art" - advanced weapon platforms, equipments, systems and hardware to meet the domestic requirements of the Indian Armed Forces. Also, to mark our presence across the world.
- Reliance Defence Limited, established as a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure Limited, has 11 subsidiaries in niche segments of the Defence sector.
- In the Defence and Aerospace segment, the company is pursuing partnerships with the leading international OEM's; equity stake in existing companies within the country as also globally to meet home grown solutions for the Defence sector.
- Our mission is to acquire capabilities and develop in-house expertise in Land based weapon platforms and systems, Air Combat vehicles, aircraft and avionics, Missiles, Unmanned systems and C4ISR systems, Surface & sub-surface ship building and development.
- Projected capital acquisitions by India in the next 10 years ~USD 250 Bn
- High import dependence (~60%)
- Increasing focus on indigenization
- Focus on the "Make in India" initiative
- Leverage key Strengths of Reliance Group toward providing Manufacturing solutions.
- Comparative cost advantage of skilled manpower (for regional/ global supply chain).
To tap the opportunities in the Defence Sector, Reliance Defence Limited has organized the structure into defence, marine and land systems with focused approach aiming to build world class technology in India:-
- Dhirubhai Ambani Aerospace Park spread over 400 acres land at MIHAN, planned with an aim to create a comprehensive eco structure through backward integration under the Government "Make in India" program for indigenous manufacturing of aerospace components. This Aerospace Park, first of its kind in Inida, comprising a cluster of manufacturers will indigenously deliver major aircraft components, spares and avionics requirements of the aerospace industry.
- Helicopter Division vying for manufacture and production of Navy Utility Helicopters (NUH) and Recce & Surveillance Helicopter (RSH) through Joint Ventures for Ministry of Defence.
- Creation of Centre of Excellence in Aerospace Structures, Engines Design & manufacture, fabrication and platform integration.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and Aerostat segment to meet Indian Defence requirements.
- Integrated Long term support programs in the Defence and commercial aviation sector, to undertake the Maintenance, Repairs and Overhaul in Joint Ventures with leading OEMs.
- In the process of acquiring controlling stake in Pipavav Defence & Offshore Engineering Company (PDOC) in Gujarat.
- Talwar class frigates hereon will be built on Indian shores at our own shipyard.
- Landing Platform Deck (LPD) program to upgrade the Indian Navy's disaster response, amphibious warfare and island protection capabilities.
- Integrated Long term support programs for Scorpene & Kilo class submarines, to undertake the Maintenance, Repairs and Overhaul in a Joint Venture (JV) with OEMs.
- Vying for manufacture and production of Next Generation Missile Vessel and Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Craft through Joint Ventures for Ministry of Defence.
Partnership with OEMs being explored for following major armament programs of the Indian Army.
- Futuristic Infantry Combat Vehicle (FICV)
- Future Ready Combat Vehicle (FRCV)
- Artillery Modernization Program
- Network Centric Warfare
- Missile Systems.