RInfra - Business Responsibility Reporting - Left Menu
RInfra - Business Responsibility Reporting - Our Performance - Social Performance
Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Development
As a responsible corporate citizen, the Company pursues its social obligations with utmost earnestness. At RInfra, corporate responsibility is a collective effort. We strive to ensure that sustainability policies and programmes are firmly embedded in every aspect of our business operations. The Company integrates social and environmental concerns with its business and in our interaction with our stakeholders. We are committed to fostering sustainable communities through wide-range programs geared to develop economies, improve lives and create opportunity.
The Company has been pursuing a number of welfare programs aimed at improving the quality of the life of communities in and around our business.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives have been recognised and appreciated by various agencies through many awards and recognitions. RInfra continues to contribute actively towards community welfare measures and has taken up several initiatives/measures related to education, healthcare, environmental improvement and other developmental measures.
Various CSR and welfare measures undertaken by the Company are as under:
Dahanu Thermal Power Station (DTPS)
- Digitalization of Schools : Information Technologies have greatly influenced both the learning process and the teacher/student preparation for it at all levels of education. The project focuses on bridging the digital divide in the community and engaging children and developing their technological skills. In 2016-2017, DTPS has installed E-Learning kits in seven Zilla Parishad Schools in Dahanu Taluka Village areas.
- Sponsorship for Notebook to Rotary Club of Dahanu: The company provided sponsorship for distribution of Notebooks in concessional rates to needy students. More than 1500 students benefited in this programme.
- DTPS Best Teachers Award : Every year Dahanu Thermal Power Station and Rotary Club of Dahanu jointly felicitate five of the best teachers in Dahanu Taluka on the occasion of Teacher's Day Celebrations i.e. on 5th Sept. Since 1995, So far 102 teachers have been recognized for their meritorious service to the Nation. These teachers are from Anganwadi, primary, secondary & higher secondary schools.
- Sponsorship for Dahanu Taluka Science Exhibition : Since last five years DTPS gives sponsorship to Dahanu Taluka Science Exhibition. This exhibition is organized for Primary and Secondary students.More than 500 students from Dahanu Taluka participated in this event.
- School Medical Health Check Camp : Medical checkup of students done in various schools to check diseases like cough, cold, fever, scabies, iron deficiency and pain in abdomen and worm infestations. In FY 2016-2017, the camp was conducted at 3 Zila Parishad Schools covering 375 students from tribal areas.
- Mobile Healthcare Unit: Mobile medical unit provides curative and preventive treatment to the tribal people. More than eight Gram Panchayats were covered and more than 4000 patients were treated.
- Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) & Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) in surrounding Villages of DTPS : Under the new initiative taken by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi "Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan", DTPS decided to carry out this activity in village Agwan, Dehane and Pale on 9th of every month. The programme was initiated in January 2017. It focuses on care of pregnant women and prevention of malnourishment among children.
- Health Awareness cum assessment programe: Kokila Dhirubhai Ambani Nursing College posted their 2nd year Basic B.Sc. nursing students in Dahanu area for their clinical experience in Rural Public Health centers. 31 students participated in the programme. They conducted health awareness programs for girl students in Jeevan Dhara Girls Ashram School and Health assessment programme for women in Village- Gangangaon. Around 125 women attended this program.
- Skill Development Training: (i)DTPS has started skill development program i.e Garment Manufacturing or tailoring training for local community youths (especially women). In FY17, 10 batches covering 290 youths completed their tailoring training who have been employed in Garment Manufacturing Industries.
(i) DTPS provided training on "Power Plant Familiarization" to 13 batches covering more than 400 participants.
(ii) DTPS trained 177 students from institutes such as IITs and NITs in technical fields during FY17.
- Integrated Tribal Development Project: DTPS in association with NABARD is carrying out an "Integrated Tribal Development" project in selected villages of Dahanu block for economic upliftment of Warli and other tribes.
(i) Compost fertilizers prepared using leftover dry grass and organic domestic waste. Total compost generated is 145 Metric Tons, which save fertilizer and manure cost.
(ii) Exotic vegetables cultivation of eight varieties of lettuce, broccoli, celery, parsley, seedless cucumber, cherry tomato, rasemo tomato and different types of herb
- Tree Plantation Drive: DTPS has planted around 18,500 trees using High density afforestation method in 2016-17.
- Awareness Session on Protection of Environment: Importance of tree plantation program introduced to local schools to educate students about protection of environment and its effect on human life.
Swacch Bharat Campaign
- E Waste Management Awareness : An awareness drive on E - waste was undertaken at schools of Dahanu.Around 260 Students along with teaching Staff have attended this programme.
Samalkot Power Station
- Blood Donation Camp: The company organized two blood donation camps in the memory of Founder Shri Dhirubhai H Ambani.
Mumbai Power Distribution Business
- Blood Donation Camp was organized at 14 locations wherein employees actively came forward to voluntarily donate blood
- Slum Safety Programme was conceptualized in the year 2013 "Surakshit Raho, Khush Raho" is an initiative by Reliance Energy to create awareness about electrical safety in the theft-prone slums of Mumbai. In 4 years, over 150 Municipal / Government aided schools, covering ~40,000 kids have been sensitized in our distribution area.
- Project Dignity: The Company had initiated "Project Dignity" to upgrade crematoria in Mumbai wherein 14 crematoria upgradation has been completed with due approval from the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai & intends to continues its endeavor for more crematoria upgradation.
- Old Clothes Collection and Distribution Drive: ~5,000 pairs of clothes were collected and distributed to the poor, needy and tribal people.
- Project 'PrasarJyoti': Special training is imparted to poor students belonging to the marginalized society of the suburbs with the help of counseling agencies, which benefited over 350 students.
- Voluntary Donation for Martyr's Day: Organized a voluntary donation drive for the benefit of army personnel. The money collected was handed over to 'Collector and President', Zilla Sainik Welfare Office, an NGO run by retired Army personnel from Mumbai Suburbs.
- Women's Day from Slums: Lectures were arranged from eminent personalities, to motivate over 600 women who participated and also updated them on methods to overcome their problems.
- Young Energy Saver (YES) is an initiative to sensitize young kids about energy conservation which was done by reaching out to 270 schools covering over 2.2 lakh students across various schools in RInfra's licensed area in a playful and interactive manner. YES entered the Guinness Book of World Records in the category – "Largest gathering of people dressed as trees" in the year 2012. YES won a Silver award instituted by Indian Digital Media Award (IDMA), for best Social Media Application on Facebook for its app-'My Pet Planet'.
- Sensitization on Preservation of Wildlife: On the occasion of World Environment Day (WED), 2016 in support of UNEP WED theme "Lets Turn Around: Wild – Deserve to be preserved", Company carried out various stakeholder engagement and sensitization activities in Sanjay Gandhi National Park which was dully acknowledged by UNEP with 'Certificate of Appreciation'.
- Tree Plantation Campaign: More than 340 employees contributing over 900 man hours have planted around 1,000 saplings of various Indian trees at farm borders and road sides in the Narpad village, Dahanu towards the cause of cleaning and greening.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Awareness on Solid waste Management: Company has organized a campaign with the management of SGNP and with the officials of Indian Coast Guard on their annual event of International Coastal Clean-up (ICC) at Juhu and Dahanu Beach to sensitize people on cleanliness drive involving collection of plastic and solid waste.
- Eye screening camps: Health checkup camps with a major focus on eye screening was organized at schools in the nearby villages.
- Awareness programme on Road Safety: This programme was conducted at different schools to create awareness on road safety.
- Pulse polio Immunization program: The pulse polio camps were organized at toll plazas on the highway stretch.
- Blood donation camps: The blood donation campaigns were organized twice in FY 2016-2017.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan
- Cleanliness Drive: Cleanliness drives were conducted across the key company offices and the neighboring localities with an objective to create a clean and healthy work place. Many employees across the organization participated in this mass movement and customers were sensitized on this movement through social media urging them to join the event.
- Awareness on Cleanliness and hygiene: The roads business toll plazas and project highway inculcated the concept of cleanliness and hygiene by putting Placards and Signage's in Public areas for not spitting, littering, placements of dustbins, maintenance of toilets and way side amenities / user facility to encourage commuters to use them and not to spoil the Highway or Toll Plaza area.
Support to Healthcare
Day Care Oncology Centres:
- Cancer is one of the biggest health concern in India and cancer treatment and care is prohibitively expensive. 92% patients from rural households do not have proper infrastructure and specialist support.
- Appreciating the huge imbalance in the facilities for treating cancer, we at Reliance Infrastructure with support from Mandke Foundation are establishing Cancer care center in Maharashtra. We have initiated the project at Akola and Jalna District, of Maharashtra to provide medical, radiation and surgical oncology to rural populace in a phase wise manner.
- These centers would focus on bridging the present gaps in cancer treatment facilities in rural India apart from bringing in state of the art technology and other resources on ground. The focus would be to provide day care services including chemotherapies, radiation, and diagnostics including PET CT besides consultations and telemedicine.